Clueless Moment of the Day

Our power went out at 5am this morning.  Little Man made sure I knew all about it.  He woke up terrified because the living room was completely dark, and he couldn't see anything.  Of course, still half-asleep, I assumed the lamp was just off so I reached over and turned the switch a couple of times.  Then I realized nothing else was on.  So after lighting a candle and getting him settled back down, I decided to try to find the phone number for the electric company to report the power outage.  I figured no one else in my neighborhood was awake yet to call, I might as well have the honors.

After stumbling over the baby gate, stubbing my toe on several little toys that the little guy had thrown over, and making my way into the office, I finally get to my rocker and pick up the laptop.  No power, that's ok - the laptop has a battery!  Feeling pretty pleased with myself that I figured that much out, I turned the laptop on and proceeded to look up the power companies website...

DOH! No electricity= no router.  Seriously, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out why the laptop wouldn't connect.  That's about the time I said, "screw it" and decided to go back to bed.  The power was on 15 minutes later.

What's your most recent "mom-brain" moment?

9 comments

  1. it would be great if you check the giveaway on my blog: http://letsbless.blogspot.com/2012/08/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to wake up :(

    I was drawn to the name of your blog, my mummy blog is 'mummy on a learning curve' (but it's not the blog I'm working on today), which is kind of another way of saying that I don't have a clue!

    We can keep each other company :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of anything specific right now but you better believe all mom's get that foggy mom-brain lol. I'm newly following from the hop. I'd love a visit when you can. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had it and then I forgot...haha! Found you on the Mommy Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from Mom's Monday Mingle!

    How funny is your blog name

    Please stop by & say Hello if you have the chance. (And follow)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Melinda} Seems like I live in a perpetual state of "Mommy Brain." If my kids were around now, I'm sure they could come up with a long laundry list of my most recent "Mommy Brain" moments. Me? I usually try to forget them (which isn't hard to do -- I forget everything else! :)

    Following you from Mom's Monday Mingle! :)

    http://motheringfromscratch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a moment similar to that when we kept having power outages during these intense thunderstorms this past week! I always think "now is a good time to listen to some music... hello computer is turned off.. okay I'll just turn on the radio on my clock... umm hello plugged into the wall...

    Found you through Mom's Monday Mingle :)

    come visit me at ourlittlebig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower from the Naptime Review Hop! We lost power for about 5 days last summer due to a hurricane and I still couldn't remember about the lights and computer. Every suggestion I had on something to do involved power!
    I hope you can pay me a visit too :)
    From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh!! Don't you hate it when you realize how dependent you are on those things?! We had a power outage a month ago and we were literally wondering..ok,NOW what do we do?!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!