Empower Portable Pilates Studio Review

Empower Fitness Portable Pilates ReviewI'm lazy.  There, I said it.  I hate working out; exercising seems like some form of punishment/torture to me. I'm the girl in the group that always got dirty looks when I was shoveling in my fourth piece of pizza because I've never had to worry about my weight.  I am tiny - 5'2" on a good day at 103 lbs.  I'm not bragging (I see you rolling your eyes and cussing me out under your breath) but it's the truth.  I've always been skinny.

Enter mommyhood.  After I had my first little guy, I was really sick and dropped 40 pounds (all my pregnancy weight) within two weeks.  A couple months later, I found out that my gallbladder was the issue and had it removed.  Now that I've had Kaya though, I'm not quite as happy with my body.  I have the muffin-top love handles, my jeans don't fit me as nicely as they did before... I'm pudgy.  I can't even wear shorts anymore because I'm so insecure about the increase in the size of my thighs.  For my height, I am no longer that flat-bellied skinny girl I used to be.


Confession: I have to lay down to zip and button my jeans.

I realized that for the first time in my life, I will have to work at getting back in shape.  Empower Fitness sent me their Portable Pilates Studio to try out and OMG I hate it.  I hate it because it hurts.  It stretches muscles I didn't even know I have, and pulls in places I didn't know existed.

Let me rephrase.  This is the BEST workout I have ever had.  It's simple to use, and works every part of your body.  So easy, that when I was playing around with it, I didn't realize just how effective it was.  Fast forward 6 hours later: I could barely move!

The second day with the Portable Pilates Studio was no cakewalk.  Every inch of me hurt, but I was determined to keep at it.  By the third day, it got easier.  Now I'm doing a 30 minute workout with it every day and definitely noticing a difference, not only in my belly and thighs - but I'm not struggling to carry the kids around or groceries up the stairs.

I definitely back this product.  If you're looking for a workout that you can do at home and still see results, Empower Portable Pilates Studio is definitely worth the buy.


It comes with a DVD, plus you can access their Workout Guide for various positions and exercises and only costs around $20 for the whole system.  So, you could get that large pizza with all the toppings and a side of breadsticks... Or you could get this fantastic workout system for about the same price, and a lot less guilt!


Disclaimer:  I received the aforementioned product for free, but all opinions of it are my own. 

7 comments

  1. I have heard Pilates is one of the best full body toning workouts. I love that this comes with everything you will need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! The center bar comes apart so you can easily find a place to store it, and it's just one small piece of equipment vs. big bulky machines.

      Delete
  2. With 3 kids I definitely need to get back into working out, but it's too hard to get to the gym. This looks like it could be my solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like workouts you can do in the comfort of your own home. This may be a good option for me to lose this weight from baby #3. Also, I like the cost of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo lazy and in pain most days from my shoulder to my knees and toes. But I have to start doing something or I am going to end up completely immobile and have to ride around walmart in the cart thing. I need to get back into shape and start taking care of myself. This looks awesome. I also found a dance dvd at a yard sale, but I have yet to put it in. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have heard of pilates before and seems like celebrities like to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think I would like this to get back in shape as well (especially when you are first starting back exercising).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!