BabyComfyNose Review: A Definite Diaper-Bag Must Have


Ok, I've done it.  I broke down and agreed to review one of the baby products that I've so adamantly refused to even consider.  It's amazing how much you'll love something once you try it.




BabyComfyNose is a nasal aspirator for babies.  You know, like the blue bulb snot-sucker they send you home from the hospital with?  The difference is that this one, you use the suction from your own mouth to get nose gunk out.  Let me clarify - wait, nope.  That's it.  You stick a tube in your mouth that connects to a small canister with a nasal tip on the other side. Put the nasal tip into your baby's slimy little nose, and suck. Gross!

That was my initial reaction anyway.  And then I thought about it.  Sammy was a winter baby.  He had a stuffy nose for the first 6 months of his life.  Anytime that dreaded blue bulb syringe came anywhere near him, he would scream like I was trying to suck his brain out through his nasal cavities.  So we broke down and spent the twenty dollars on one of those fancy battery powered nasal aspirators that played music in order to "soothe him."  Yeah, right.  That thing was scarier to him than Great Aunt Gertrude and her 5 pounds of poorly applied makeup (yeah, I don't really have a Great Aunt Gertrude, but you get the point.)  He's old enough to blow his own nose now, so I can't really test the BabyComfyNose on him, but wait!  I have another kid now!!

Kaya was a preemie, and has had some trouble eating.  She spits up, a lot.  And every single time, it comes out of her nose.  That is some terrifying stuff.  When your baby stops breathing and is choking on formula that spewed out her nose like you told a really corny joke?  Yeah, not so much fun.  The handy dandy blue bulb syringe stays next to her in the bassinet at all times.

Until recently.  Sammy has decided that the bulb syringe is the most fun toy he has ever had and refuses to give it up.  So much so, that he has hidden it and I will probably never find it.  I received the BabyComfyNose and set it up, planning on taking pictures for this very pose - but I had no idea how much I would appreciate having it.  You see, Kaya spit up.  Out of her nose.  Choking and screaming, she was so scared, and so was I.  The formula kept coming out and I couldn't find the bulb snot sucker anywhere.  So I scooped Kaya up, put the nasal tip in her nose, the tube/mouth piece in my mouth and sucked.

The amount of formula and snot that came out was amazing.  Gross, but amazing.  I mean, we are talking about mucous here, and there isn't any pleasant way to paint that picture.  It wasn't nearly as nasty as I imagined though.  Because it takes a regular household tissue in the canister, everything was filtered straight onto the tissue.  Nothing came into the tube, and I didn't suck her brains out through a hose.


I felt more in control since I knew how much pressure was being used, and it really works! I will never use the bulb syringe again.

BabyComfyNose belongs in every diaper bag.  I honestly believe that it is a "better snot sucker."

For more information, to order BabyComfyNose, or to watch videos instructional videos, you can go to their website: http://babycomfynose.com

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment

  1. OMG I saw this once and almost gagged, but I guess it's fine once you learn how to use it and can regulate the suction, you can really get the mucus out. Glad you liked it. My baby is too old for this now, but I would suggest it to a friend now.

    Toni Marie Caravello Feimer

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!