Present Moment


Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.   -Buddah

Life as a stay-at-home momma is mundane, stagnant, unchanging.  Yet it seems like when you look back, nothing is the same.  Day to day, the routine is almost suffocating in its monotony but the rewards are priceless.  The kicks in my belly from the life I have growing inside me, the kisses from a sleepy toddler…  You may lose the self you once had before children, before “domesticating,” yet what you gain is so much more.
That quote from Buddah reminds me of a good one from Kung Fu Panda:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present'" 

So I vow to live in the moment.  To take each day as it is given to me and to try and make the best of it, regardless of my situation.  

No comments

I love reading your comments!