Little Monkeys

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, it has been pretty hectic around here.  Between a tantrum-throwing toddler wanting Momma to carry him everywhere, a whiny 6 year-old who refused to listen to anything I said, and a fiance who chose to stay out of the house as much as possible to avoid it all, I haven't gotten a few minutes of peace to sit and compose a coherent thought (let alone try to write about it.)


But now the step-daughter is back at her mom's house, the little guy is sleeping in (and so is his daddy) and here I am!  I've got my Dr. Pepper sitting beside me, my feet kicked up in the chair in front of me, and the laptop in my lap.  Too bad I can't think of anything I want to say haha!

Honestly though, why do kids make their solo mission in life to see how close they can come to giving their mommas heart attacks on a daily basis??  This is my little guy's newest favorite place to be:

And how the heck did he get in there?? Like this:


I think I gave birth to a monkey, I swear.  Panic attack-inducing little adrenaline-junkie likes when his Momma does the gasp and jump, flying over the baby gate to save him.  He had his little head poked out of the shelf, laughing so hard when I tripped trying to get to him.  I got him down, and then he just climbed right back up.  

Anyone have any advice on how to stop the climbing?  Or is it just something that I'm gonna have to deal with, imagining him splatting on the floor every time he shimmies his way up the entertainment center??

4 comments

  1. Hi Jamie - wasn't sure how to contact you so I'm leaving a comment here! :) You won the design giveaway from the reverie blog. Feel free to send me an email when you're ready to get started. You can find my email on my blog: www.vickichristine.com

    Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so excited right now. As you can see, I've just started out. It has been a little overwhelming for me to figure out exactly how to do everything, so your news couldn't have come at a better time lol. I just emailed you, thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Out of 8 kids, I only had one climber. that was enough. good luck!!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My second son was my climber. He could figure out a way to get anything he wanted out of reach! He's almost 9 and is still a climber and a daredevil and gives me a heart attack daily.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!